17.2h ISH Gentle GiantHorses - Wilton NSW 2571 -
Have A Cigar 9YO (2011), 17.2HH Gelding “Wally" is a well bred, gentle giant by Ballycastle Cruisin (ISH) out of a WB/TB mare with Domherr lines. A true all-rounder with untapped potential. Wally is currently training novice /elementary dressage, with regular training and tuition under an FEI dressage coach/rider. He is more whoa-than-go, but easily adjusts to different riders, and certainly ups his game with an assertive rider. Recently, due to my own lack of time, he has had a lady rider in her late 60s ride him a couple of times a week. She has handled/tacked up and ridden him in the arena and out on trails past excavators and tractors, with nothing but praise for him and how willing he has been. He regularly goes round a course of jumps 80-90cm with me, and was confidently jumping single fences at 110cm before bushfires and a busy work schedule interrupted our training. Last year, we attended a few showjumping club days where he behaved well and ate and drank by the float without any worries. He has however not been competed much, and as such, can get a little tense/worried in the warm-up arena. He also liked to have a look at the dazzle-boards/fillers, before going over them easily. I have no doubts that this would improve with exposure and a kind, confident rider to reassure him . Wally is a sweet, kind boy, who thrives on love and attention, and would happily stand tied all day to be groomed/washed and fussed over. He has no vices, and no buck, rear or bolt. However, he is a horse who takes confidence from his rider/handler. Being such a big boy, he does need an WB float to fit his extra height and length. He can take a few minutes to load but he just likes to be sensible and make sure he will fit first. He travels well with another horse. Ideally, I’d love to find Wally a home where he will have the time put into him that he deserves, with a kind, knowledgeable rider who can continue his training and start his competition career. Located SW Sydney, NSW
Please be vigiliant when buying through the site!
We try our best to monitor adverts added to the site but please be vigiliant when dealing with sellers.
Please keep the following in mind..
- If it's too good to be true, it normally is
- Always try to speak to someone on the phone, sometimes phone numbers aren't supplied but email them and ask for one
- If they are asking you to send money, do it through a method you trust and that offers you some protection (fraudsters will often try and make you pay through a method that suits them and will have a reason/excuse for wanting to use this method)
- If you have your doubts about an advert please contact us here before proceeding
Other Adverts You May Be Interested In
- [ ] Hawkesbury Park puzzle- Olive is a 12.3hh (not measured), mare. She was born in 2013. Olive is a stunning quite mare, she's had basic training but still slightly green. She has a lovely soft mouth and holds a lovely frame, she has no dirt...